Happy Monday ladies and gents! I hope you all had a great weekend and that your week is off to an awesome start!
Something new I wanted to share with you guys this week is this cool link-up I discovered over at the beautiful Dani's blog Ok, Dani. Each week she starts off with a post called "Mind Right Monday." In this post, she prepares for the week by stating her goals along with things she is thankful for. In writing this series and adding a link-up component, she fosters accountability by encouraging fellow bloggers to share their goals & "gratefuls" as well as support. As I am currently on a "goal-getting" mission (thanks to the KimberlyLuxe Life Reset) and make a habit of journaling my "gratefuls" daily (per Inspired by Beatrice Clay), I thought it would be right up my alley to join along with Dani by getting my mind right with this link up also!
Last week was a pretty relaxing week. I was able to focus on my household and my overall well-being. I usually tend to be that lady who can't say no and takes on way too much at one time, but I can say that in most recent weeks, I've done differently. I spent time alone to increase awareness and mental clarity, I devoted time reading and meditating on the Word, and I put my family first. And guys, it felt great!
And now for this week's preparation...
My major intent for the week is to:
- Make sure my home space is conducive to my family's mission and purpose.
One of my goals for this year was to keep a more organized home space. When planning to accomplish this goal, I used Tsh Oxenreider's (simplemom.net) book Organized Simplicity as a resource. The main tool she recommends in the book is creating a family purpose statement. This statement tells who we are as a family, what we value, and what our goals are. I want to continue to make sure our home is aligned with our values, our personalities, our goals and what we welcome into our home. I will address our family purpose statement in a later post!
My goals for the week are to:
- get my cardio on daily! (yes, daily! even if only for 30 minutes)
- stick to my clean eating plan
- reach out to family + friends I haven't spoken to in a while
- plan girls night out event for my girls and I
- work on sticking to a solid work-at-home schedule
- plan Seven's surprise birthday celebration
- continue with my Bible studies and daily devotionals
- conduct research for a new stream of income
I am incredibly grateful for:
- a loving, forgiving, and perfect God
- being mentally competent/having mental clarity
- food, shelter, electricity, and running water
- two beautiful children with out-of this world personalities (keeps things really bright around here)
- the prayer warrior women in my life
- a supportive, laid-back husband (hey, one of us has to be chill right?)
- 800+ ebooks to keep we well read
- the ability to dream and the option to dream big
- a younger brother who keeps me in check like he's my big brother
- the dance central franchise that keeps me active on days when I'm "in my mood" & don't wanna leave out
- "downtown" in my city... so much beauty and busy-ness
- my mother and all of the lessons in motherhood she inadvertently taught me
people who actually care about HOW I'm doing and not just WHAT I'm doing. (insert side-eye here lol)