Hello, everyone! Are you excited that June is finally here? I must say that I'm excited for the new month, but so sad that May is officially over. Over the last few weeks, I've celebrated my birthday (my 29th to be exact) and my oldest son's birthday. I've also stepped out of my comfort zone quite a bit to visit new places, try new things, and I'm so proud of myself! I made a commitment to myself last month to try something new as often as I could and it has really been an eye-opening experience. Have you guys tried anything new lately? If so, I would love to hear all about it in the comments!
A great tool I've been utilizing is mapping out my weekly wishes and daily intentions. I am able to keep my goals and aspirations in perspective by making note of them and charting my progress on a daily and weekly basis. Have you ever made resolutions for yourself at the beginning of the year only to find you have forgotten half of the resolutions by the summer? With creating a small, attainable list of to-do items each day or each week, I've found myself staying the course with much more ease than in the past.
Here are my wishes for this week:
1. Unplug for a day. Taking a break from social media does have its rewards. I've done this in the past and I must admit, unplugging really does keep distractions to a minimum for me.
2. Read one book. I am actually reading two books, but I hope to have at least one of them finished by the end of the week. I am re-reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou and just started The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer a few nights ago.
3. Exercise. This always seems like the hardest task to do. I can never seem to stick to a routine. My hope is to get some cardio in at least three days this week. Let's cross our fingers!
4. Reach out to an old friend. I read this article by Marie over at GoodLooknOut and felt inspired to reach out to an old friend. So instead of looking through someone's pictures via Facebook and Instagram, I will actually hit them up and see how they've been doing.
5. Write something daily. This one seems easy enough, right? I even have some inspiration from here, here, and here. Thanks for the NaBloPoMo info, Brittnei!
Let's see how I did with last month's wishes:
Do something special for my birthday. Mission accomplished! My birthday was awesome!
2. Work on fitness as a family unit. This was a fail. I have no clue where to begin with this one. I'm going back to the drawing board (aka Pinterest or Google).
Have a girl's night each week with Gabs. This has been a success. We've had quite a few "girl talks," movie nights, mani + pedi nights, and crossing off activities from her Just Mom & Me book. My hope is to definitely keep this going.
Spend quality time with my girlfriends. I'm pleased to say I've had lots of quality time with my girls last month. It feels great to have a few girls you can call up to catch up, vent, have fun, and share support. My girls are the best--- especially my bestie!
Make "more" pretty things. This has been fun! I've made a habit to make something new each week and I can't wait to share my results with you guys. With careful planning and consideration, I'm almost ready to share my pretty things with you all.
6. Plan a vacation. I simply made a list of places I would like to visit over the summer. I have yet to make any plans or preparations, though.
Create a self-care plan. I created a self-care plan that is very simple, yet effective. I made an ultimate list of things I love to do and vowed to do at least three of them each week. Have you ever tried doing this? What do you do for self-care?
What are some things you wish to accomplish this week?
Tell me all about them in the comments!