Happy Friday, beautiful people! It's been so long since I've done a round of Ask Away Friday, so I'm stoked to be participating this week! And I'm even more excited that today is my birthday. Whoop whoop! This will also be my first time linking up with all of the new hosts (Tamara, Tiffany, Christy, Stacey, and Amber) for Ask Away Friday as well. I've missed it and I'm glad to be back, y'all!
This week I brought my beautiful blogger friend Galaxia along for the ride and have had a blast mixing it up with her. Galaxia is a beauty blogger at Hopeful Kiss where she also has a pretty pink lipstick shop. She's a wife, mommy, and an avid pink lipstick lover like myself. Be sure to check her out today and get familiar with her!
1. Your blog features a variety of topics, which I love. What are your favorite types of blog posts to read and create? Thank you, love! I enjoy reading about a variety of topics. I'm a big fan of beauty and personal style blogs. I also love reading inspirational blogs, craft and diy blogs, food blogs, and entertainment/culture blogs. I think my favorite posts to draft are ones in which I share personal anecdotes like this, this, and this one. I don't write them as often, but it's always a good time when I sit down to type those out.
2. We were talking about KDramas on Instagram and you mentioned that Scent of Woman was your favorite; why? Scent of a Woman (tied with Boys Over Flowers) is definitely one of my favorite. I think I love it so much because the lead character is such a strong and beautifully-spirited woman. She faces lots of adversity throughout the course of the show, yet does so with a smile. She is warm, kind, and completely selfless. I don't want to give all the goods of the melodrama away, but I really admire her character and ability to push forward in spite of her diagnosis. And the hope offered at the end--simply beautiful.
3. I love reading about your beautiful family! What is your #1 tip for new moms? Thank you, Galaxia! My party of five is the sunshine of my life :-) I think my number one tip for new moms would be do not be afraid to reach out. While becoming a mother is a joyous experience, it is also an overwhelming one. Please know it is okay to share your feelings with someone, vent your frustrations to someone, and ask another for help if it is needed. Having a support system is key. I'd like to think I've done a good job with being a mother and nurturing my children. But the real glory goes to God and all the wonderful people He placed in my life to love and support me. They've helped me and my children more than anything!
4. When you were a teenager, what career were you interested in pursuing? When I was a teenager, I was most interested in pursuing a career in education. My mind constantly switched from goals of becoming a teacher, a child psychologist, and a writer, though.
5. Your makeup and hair always look good. Please recommend your top hair product and cosmetic item that you can't live without! Thanks, love! I am always on the hunt for the next best hair care product or cosmetic. But if I could recommend one of each, it would definitely be ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum. The ORS Replenishing Conditioner really strengthens my hair and helps it retain moisture--- and it smells like a citrus dream! The Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum isn't a cosmetic per se', but it beats having the best cosmetic, girl! It has really improved my skin's texture and tone. I love it!
6. What is your favorite song right now? Man, that's a hard one. I listen to so many different songs and I have so many current favorites! So I guess I'll just go with one of my all-time favorites which I happen to be listening to while I type (I'm always listening to music--while I read, write, cook, clean, whatever lol. Everything has a soundtrack.)
Don't laugh, okay? But have you ever seen the movie Car Wash? It's one of my all-time favorite comedies. Do you remember the scene where dude finally got that pretty waitress Mona to go out on a second date with him? It's one of my favorite scenes! Well, the song You're On My Mind by Rose Royce played in the background as he approached her. Whenever I hear the song, I imagine myself walking out in pretty pastel platforms with a cool wind blowing in my hair as that song plays in life's background. Silly, I know. But you promised not to laugh!
7. You mention that you love to be an active member of your "back yard" :) What charitable causes are closest to your heart? I haven't been as active as I want to, lately. I really need to get back to sharing more of my time and energy to my "back yard," especially with the youth in my community. Earlier this month I participated in Relay for Life through the American Cancer Society and really enjoyed it. I've participated in this event for the last few years and this cause is one that is very near and dear to my heart. I have lost family members to cancer and also have family members and friends who are survivors. I will continue to do what I can to celebrate their lives, bring awareness, and pray that a cure is found soon.
8. What is your biggest hope for yourself in 2014? My biggest hope for myself in 2014 has been to JUST DO IT. Simply put. In the past I've allowed fear to stop me from doing so many things. So at the beginning of the year, I decided to approach life in a more fearless way. I've made plans to go new places and try new things. I've also learned how to say "no" to things that no longer serve me without fear or remorse. And so far, it's been great!
9. Please share a favorite recipe that we can try! Now this was a tough one! Man I wish I took pictures when I prepare my meals! But I do have a recipe link I can share with you. Anyone that knows me knows I make a great blueberry cheesecake. This recipe is very similar to mine. And please let me know in the comments if you guys REALLY want to see more of what I chef up in the kitchen. I really get it in, I just never think of taking pics ;-)
10. If you could only wear one scent or fragrance all year, what would that be? Goodness, that's a hard one. As much as I love any given fragrance, I love to switch them up from time to time. However, if I absolutely had to choose one fragrance for the rest of the year it would be Acqua Di Gioia. It's my all-time favorite perfume and it reminds me of my favorite place to be-- the beach.
It's been fun answering Galaxia's questions! I've enjoyed doing Ask Away Friday with her and I urge you all to head over to her site to get familiar with her if you haven't already. She's such a sweetheart! She answered my questions today too, so make sure you check those out. I hope you all have a beautifully blessed day and get at least one step closer to your dreams today!