Wednesday, December 3, 2014 @ 3:45 PM
Happy December, loves! How is the hair journey coming along for you guys? With the changing of the seasons and a bit of neglect over the last couple of weeks, my hair journey is in desperate need of a breakthrough! Speaking of breakthroughs, I've noticed some breakage in my nape area and I'm not happy at all about that. Though I do tend to have some breakage when I get past the 12th week mark in my stretching, I don't want to let that stop me from continuing my stretch. So here, at week 16, I decided to pull out my trusted SheaMoisture Yucca & Baobab Anti Breakage Masque to give my tresses some strength. And since the weather has cooled, I'm switching to my winter moisturizer, SheaMoisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk. Read more to see if I got my desired results from using these products in yesterday's wash day regimen.
1.Pre-pooed with warmed HairTrigger Growth Oil (not pictured) on the scalp and down the length of my hair, overnight.
2.Completely saturated my hair with warm water and applied Renpure Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner throughout hair and scalp. I did two washes with this cleanser and rinsed thoroughly.
3. Applied warmed JBCO to my hair and scalp to oil rinse, followed by layering SheaMoisture Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Treatment Masque on my hair. I put on my plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes.
4. Rinsed oil + treatment masque from my hair.
5. Applied Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner and let sit for 5 minutes, then rinsed completely.
6. After drying my hair with a t-shirt, I sprayed Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer to my hair. I also applied a small bit of GVP Silk Remedy to my edges and the length of my hair for the smoothing effect. Then I wrapped hair in the t-shirt to dry for a couple of hours.
7. After my hair completely dried, I applied Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Moisturizer and sealed with a small bit of JBCO. [A little goes a long way with this stuff because it is thick!]
My results were pretty good! I'm so glad I used Renpure Cleansing Conditioner instead of shampooing, because my hair needed all the moisture it could retain from my pre-poo. And while using the SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Masque alone usually makes my hair feel dry and wiry, pairing it with the JBCO made my hair feel soft and strong. Following up my deep conditioning with my beloved Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner gave me just the slip I needed to detangle my hair's two textures with ease.
Though I had a little more shedding that I liked, I still feel like this wash day was a success. My plans for the next couple of weeks are to re-up on my Aphogee products and stay consistent with my co-washing, mosturizing and sealing. I'm also making plans to do the least amount of manipulation to my hair as possible. That's why now I'm rocking this half-wig unit until I can get enough alone time to twist my hair up into bantu knots.
How was your last wash day experience?
Labels: #washdayexperience, #washdaywednesday, beauty, GVP, hair care, hair journey, hair maintenance, regimen-building, shea moisture