How is your hair journey going? Mine is going pretty good, for the most part. I ended an extremely long stretch last week with a texlaxing touch-up, so I haven't done much with my hair since then. And now that I'm over one week post, I decided it was time for a chelating cleanse. Check out my simple cleanse and conditioning session with ORS Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner below.
1. Ran warm water on my hair and scalp to remove any excess product from my hair. Then I applied ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo throughout hair and scalp and cleansed thoroughly.
2. Blotted hair with a t-shirt and applied warmed Coconut Oil to my scalp and the length of my hair, followed by adding ORS Replenishing Conditioner as well. I deep conditioned with this mix under a cap for about an hour.
3. Rinsed deep conditioner + oil from my hair completely and removed excess water from my hair with my t-shirt.
4. Applied GVP Silk Remedy Serum to the length of my hair, then wrapped it in my t-shirt to let it air-dry.
5. After drying for a couple of hours, I applied Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In Conditioner to my hair and sealed with, yep, more coconut oil. Then I put on my silk scarf and called it a night!
After yesterday's wash day, my hair feels so clean and strong! ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo does the best job of cleansing/chelating my hair, especially after a fresh touch-up. The only problem is it tends to leave my hair a little on the dry side. So since I'm participating in 30 Days of Hot Oil Treatments with Jay of Relaxed Thairapy and Jen of Just Grow Already, I did a hot oil treatment after cleansing. And because I was
lazy saving time, I mixed that oil treatment right up in there with my light protein conditioning, via ORS Replenishing Conditioner. And it gave my hair life, honey! It felt moisturized and full before even fully drying!